is the Deluxe Edition of Tixel,
a two-player abstract game designed by Martijn Althuizen.
The name comes from the playing pieces, which are basically pixels
(squares) with a curved indentation on one of their edges.
The aim of the game is to be the last player able to make a legal move.
Chaining moves is invaluable as this temporarily unlocks three
additional move types. If a tixel that is moved becomes inactive at its
end position — i.e., it's sacrificed — a player can take an extra move
if he so chooses; aside from placing or moving a tixel, he can now
remove a tixel from the board, activate an inactive tixel, or pivot an
active tixel to reorient its hollow side.
The boards are made of 8mm thick transparent acrylic, laser cut and
engraved. The pieces are the same as in the basic edition, and are made
of 8 mm thick 'black and 'ice' acrylic. All versions include a 45x33x5
cm paperstock box for transportation.
There are several versions that you can purchase:
- 6x6 board, 10 pieces per player and box: 79 Eur
- 7x7 board, 14 pieces per player and box: 105
- 8x8 board, 19 pieces per player and box:
- 9x9 board, 25 pieces per player and box: 165
- 10x10 board, 32 pieces per player and box:
- Four 3x3 modular board tiles, 10 pieces per player and box: 79
- Six 2x3 modular board tiles, 10 pieces per player and box: 79
If you wish to purchase a version, a
combination of them (so you save
on pieces and boxes), or other board sizes please email me here.
The price for spare components is 1,2
Eur per board square, 1 Eur per piece and 10 Eur for the box. You can
also purchase Tix pieces
(squared). Check also the standard edition here.